What We Fund
- Applicants must be a recognized 501(c)(3) organization or other tax-exempt charitable entity (such as a local government or educational institution). Forever Our Rivers will not fund:
- Politically divisive or lobbying activities,
- Endowment investments, or
- International projects.
- Organizations must be an approved (i.e., signed pledge) River Partner to be eligible for all grant programs.
- Grant guidelines, priorities and application process may vary across programs, details will be provided with grant cycle announcements.
- Subscribe to the Forever Our Rivers e-newsletter to receive grant announcements.
Established in partnership with the Walton Family Foundation and leveraged with contributions from our Corporate Partners, the 4Rivers Fund is dedicated to monitoring and maintaining the Dolores, Escalante, Gila and Verde Rivers. The fund is vital, protecting the legacy of decades of river restoration undertaken by communities that live along these rivers. The fund and its contributors are committed to supporting the long-term health and resilience of these iconic places. 4Rivers Fund grants are invitation only.
Launched in 2018, the Community Grants program is made possible by the generous contributions of our Corporate Partners. We fund projects led by vetted River Partners that bring the greatest benefit to sustainable river health. These grants are currently available to initiatives and projects that impact communities in the Southwest United States. They are open to all River Partners. Learn more by exploring our current grantees and reading stories of our impact.