What We Fund
Launched in 2018, the Community Grants program is made possible by generous contributions from our Corporate Partners. Forever Our Rivers endeavors to fund vetted River Partners with projects that bring the greatest benefit to sustainable river health. This program currently focuses on initiatives and projects that impact communities in the Southwest U.S. Community grants are open to all River Partners. Learn more by exploring our current grantees and reading stories of our impact.
Southwest Rivers Stewardship Fund
Established in partnership with the Walton Family Foundation, and leveraged with contributions from Corporate Partners, the Rivers Fund is dedicated to the ongoing monitoring and maintenance of the Dolores, Escalante, Gila and Verde Rivers. The SW Rivers Fund is critical to upholding the legacy of decades of river restoration work undertaken by communities on these four rivers. The fund and its contributors commit to supporting the long-term resilience and health of these iconic places. SW Rivers Fund grants are invitation only.
- Applicants must be a recognized 501(c)(3) organization or other tax-exempt charitable entity (such as a local government or educational institution). Forever Our Rivers will not fund:
- Politically divisive or lobbying activities;
- Endowment investments; or
- International projects.
- Organizations must be an approved (i.e., signed pledge) River Partner to be eligible for all grant programs.
- Grant guidelines, priorities and application process may vary across programs, details will be provided with grant cycle announcements.
- Subscribe to the Forever Our Rivers e-newsletter to receive grant announcements.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?
THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS TO DO THIS....
We would love to hear from you! Drop us a line.