We Value You and Your Privacy
We Are Committed To Rivers—AND YOU
Updated May 2023
Forever Our Rivers Foundation takes your privacy seriously and is committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Statement outlines how we collect, use and share your personal data when you visit our website and/or make donations.
Personal Information We Collect
- Your name and contact information, including email address and postal address
- Your IP address and device information
- Your browsing activity on our website
- Any other information you provide to us when you fill out a form on our website or contact us directly such as debit/credit card numbers
We may receive additional information from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms and other outside sources.
We may collect data necessary to process your payment when you make donations, such as your payment information and security code associated with your payment. All payment data is stored by DonorPerfect. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here or visit their website.
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and requests
- To improve our website and programs
- To send you marketing communications, only if you have provided your consent
- To comply with our legal obligations
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who assist us in running our website and customer relationship management (CRM) software. We will only share your personal information with these third-party service providers to the extent necessary for them to perform their functions on our behalf. We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
How We Keep Your Information Safe
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, no electronic submission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal or modify your information. Transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
You have certain rights regarding your personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including:
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to rectify your personal data
- The right to erase your personal data
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected].
We will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. Please check back periodically to view our most up-to-date Privacy Statement on our website.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at [email protected] or by mail at:
Forever Our Rivers Foundation
PO Box 3492
Grand Junction, CO 81502