Sample Project Types
Forever Our Rivers will support projects that advance the Foundation’s mission of protecting and enhancing rivers.
Examples of projects that will be considered include, but are not limited to:
- Riparian invasive plant control and native plant restoration
- River and riverside trail construction
- Public access and boat launch area improvements
- Interpretative signage
- Water transactions to enhance river flows
- Wildlife habitat restoration
- Instream modifications for aquatic habitat and/or recreational benefit
Some of the initial groups we have supported are RiversEdge West, Colorado Canyons Association, Grand Valley Anglers, Roaring Fork Conservancy, Grand Valley Audubon Society, Colorado West Land Trust, Friends of the Verde River, and Colorado Riverfront Foundation.
“Don’t tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don’t tell them where they know the fish.”
- Mark Twain
“A river seems a magic thing. A magic, moving, living part of the very earth itself.”
- Laura Gilpin
“We have an unknown distance yet to run, an unknown river to explore.”
- John Wesley Powell
“I love any discourse of rivers, fish and fishing.”
- Izaak Walton
We would love to hear from you! Drop us a line.